«New Gallery»established in 1989 in Moscow.
We specializes in Soviet Art of Socialist
Realism of the 1920-50s.:
Painting, Drawing, Poster, Applied Art.
This is one of the largest assemblage among the private collections.
The gallery bears the responsibility for all the information accompanying on the exhibitors.
In 1918 N. Kochergin graduated from the Stroganov's Cental Art Industrial College. During the Civil
War he managed a poster-producing workshop in Kharkov, later he was one
of the organizers of the ROSTA Satirical Display Windows' local branches, first
in Baku, later in the whole of
Caucasian region. N. Kochergin was among the first artists, who were at the
origins of the Soviet political poster. From 1922 he lived in Leningrad. In 1923 he
entered the membership of the Association of the Revolutionary Russia Artists (AKhRR).
As an art director N. Kochergin worked for the Leningrad Puppet-show Theatre
and for other theatres as well. During
the 2nd World War as a poster artist he collaborated with the
creative union "The Militant Crayon", he also drafted post-cards. For more than
25 years N. Kochergin devoted himself to book illustrating for children. The
title of an Hohoured Artist of the RSFSR was confered on him. His works are in
the Russia's State Library (Moscow) and the State
Central Public Library named after N.E. Saltykov-Shchedrin.
"Знаменитый ахал-кетинец Бек-Назар-Дор и его хозяин Бек-Назар", 1930е